Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Book Club

We are starting a book club in our neighborhood. I was considering some kind of social networking to be able to discuss books or to update people. I don't want to use FACE book because of all the emails I already get for being hit by a snowball. What suggestions do you have? I have gotten comfortable with the PB Wiki and the blogs. I know my knowledge is limited and was thinking there might be something out there that would be more useful... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

3 comments:

AnnWS said...

How about a Ning. Ning offers a closed social network so you control who can join and post. Members can maintain blogs, post videos/pics, set up groups, have discussions, and more. The administrator can send messages to everyone, too. You can probably add polls--which book should we red next?
You can look at this Ning that we use for our library-based 23 Things On a Stick. It has more than 400 members. http://23thingsonastick.ning.com/
If you go to Ning.com you can learn more and see others that are public. You could be the Web 2.0 guru for you book group!

Lindgren's Blog said...

I was invited to Amy's bookclub Ning and I think it's a fantastic idea. I've never been a part of a book club - virtual or otherwise. This style will allow me to check in and comment if I feel like it. Nice job Amy.

Karen said...

Does she mean that you already started a book club Ning? If so, let us know!